Saturday, December 20, 2008

Marek Hamsik: I Thought I Was Going To Die

Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik has been outstanding this season, but Calcio's image has taken another huge blow after masked gunmen robbed him of his Rolex watch and €800.

A police investigation is underway and Hamsik has revealed thought he was going to die when the criminals demanded valuables at gun point.

"It lasted just one minute, but it was enough to feel the fear of dying," Hamsik told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"It was terrible and I was shocked.

"However, I am feeling OK now. It's all behind me and I hope to forget about it soon."

Reports in Italy suggest Hamsik has been allowed to return to Slovakia for an early Christmas holiday by Napoli and thus he will not feature during this weekend's clash against Torino.

Source: goal.com

No comments: